5 little known facts about arthritis
From the Arthritis Foundation - read the rest of the article here http://www.arthritis.org/10-facts-about-arthritis.php -
1. Signs of arthritis have been found in human skeletal remains from as far back as 4500 BC.
2. There are over 100 forms of arthritis.
3. Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States.
4. It is more common in women than in men (24.9% vs 18.1%).
5. Children can get arthritis as well – there are nearly 300,000 children in the US living with arthritis.
Three ways a hot tub can help:
Hot water: When you were younger and you had aches and pains, what did your parents tell you to do? One of their suggestions probably included ‘putting a hot pack on it’. Your parents may not have been a trained doctor, they may not have known the science of using heat for healing, but they knew it worked.
Jets: Many sufferers of arthritis know of the benefits of massage therapy (using massage to heal aching bones and joints) – at Sunrise Spas we created our jets with the principles of massage therapy in mind. 7 Jet types were incorporated, with different jet placements, each providing a different level of massage for your many aches and pains. Air controls are used to vary the ratio of air-to-water through the jets, giving you complete control of your hydrotherapy experience.